STONY APPAREL Chooses NGC for Integrated PLM, Global Sourcing & Apparel ERP Solution
NGC’s software will streamline processes, improve efficiency and
speed to market for private and branded label apparel manufacturer
MIAMI, FL – November 18, 2009 – NGC®(New Generation Computing®) today announced that STONY APPAREL, a branded and private label manufacturer of girls and junior apparel for some of the nation’s largest retailers, is implementing NGC’s Global Enterprise System software suite, including e-PLM® for Product Lifecycle Management, e-SPS® for Global Sourcing & Visibility, and RedHorse® ERP for EDI, Customer Order Processing, Inventory Management, Shipping and Financial Accounting.
The implementation is currently underway, and STONY APPAREL is quickly realizing benefits even in the early stages of the rollout. For example, NGC helped STONY APPAREL quickly implement the EDI module in RedHorse. As a result, STONY was able to meet a complex EDI requirement from a Tier 1 retailer and book a very large order – something that wouldn’t have been possible without the new software.
STONY APPAREL selected NGC’s software suite to help manage the company’s rapid growth, streamline business processes and provide global visibility. STONY sought an “end to end” ERP, PLM and Global Sourcing software solution to transform its design, customer service, production and shipping processes for the hundreds of styles produced each month – and NGC’s integrated solutions were a perfect fit.
“We needed an integrated system that could tie everything together, and that is why we selected NGC,” said Richard Swartz, CFO, STONY APPAREL. “The fact that we could receive local implementation support through NGC’s West Coast office was also important, as NGC’s highly skilled technical professionals can work closely with us to ensure that we receive rapid ROI.”
When the software implementation is complete, STONY APPAREL expects to see a number of benefits including:
- Improved collaboration. NGC’s PLM and global sourcing software provides end-to-end visibility throughout the design and production process, and the web-based solution enables centralized, web-based communications and collaboration between STONY and its factories in Mexico, Central America and China. The software’s calendars help STONY’s employees and suppliers manage the production workflow, and alerts are automatically triggered whenever deadlines aren’t met – allowing production problems to be quickly identified and resolved.
- Better margins. When implemented, NGC’s software will greatly improve STONY’s design costing processes, allowing the apparel company to quickly provide its retail customers with pricing and ensure that target margins can be met.
- Elimination of redundancies. With NGC’s integrated solution, STONY APPAREL will be able to eliminate redundant data entries. “It will be easier to copy and create new styles without doing double entries, and that affects everything from Bill of Materials through costing and accounting,” said Tracy Gale, director of technical services and technical design, STONY APPAREL.
- Enhanced customer service. e-PLM, e-SPS and RedHorse will enable STONY to deliver the highest level of customer service as its business grows, allowing the company to continue to respond rapidly to customer requests, without sacrificing turnaround time or quality.
- CPSIA compliance. By selecting NGC’s CPSIA Compliance Module as part of the overall NGC solution, STONY APPAREL will be able to manage the complex testing processes mandated by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA). “It’s very important for us to manage our test reports and Certificates of Compliance – with NGC’s software we can keep all the information in a single place, not in multiple areas,” said Swartz.
“NGC’s software will enable STONY APPAREL to continue its remarkable growth and maintain the same high standards of excellence that its customers have come to depend upon,” said Alan Brooks, president, NGC. “NGC is pleased to be working with STONY APPAREL, and we’re glad that they are already realizing benefits as we roll out the software solutions.”
About STONY APPAREL
STONY APPAREL is one of the hottest branded and private label manufacturers of kids, junior and junior plus apparel in the United States. With distribution in major department stores and specialty chains nationwide, this design-driven company focuses on trendy apparel for the fashion-conscious customer. For more information, visit www.stonyapparel.com.
NGC (New Generation Computing) delivers fast, proven ROI. Every day, the industry’s best apparel brands, retailers and consumer product companies increase gross margins, reduce the cost of goods sold, improve speed to market and product quality, and manage CPSIA compliance with NGC software.
NGC's Global Enterprise System software is a comprehensive suite of integrated, end-to-end solutions for PLM (e-PLM®), Global Sourcing (e-SPS®) and ERP (RedHorse®). NGC received the highest possible ranking in a leading analyst firm’s 2009 and 2008 reports on PLM for apparel and footwear and has been recognized as a top 100 supply chain and logistics company by Inbound Logistics, Global Logistics & Supply Chain Strategies and Supply & Demand Chain Executive. It’s no wonder that VF Corporation®, A|X Armani Exchange®, Carter’s®, Casual Male Retail Group®, Maggy London, R.G. Barry, Hugo Boss®, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Isda & Co., Tristan & America®, Parigi Group and many other leading companies rely on NGC. NGC has offices in Miami, New York, Los Angeles, China, India, Mexico and El Salvador and is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Software Inc. (NASDAQ: AMSWA). For more information, visit www.ngcsoftware.com